"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

More forest shots

Twenty degrees, light showers. That's the forecast for today. The last couple weeks have been weather very similar to this.  I can't help but think that Summer is over. There will probably be some warmer, sunnier weather again, there is always a shift back before the colder weather comes in. Melody just pointed out to me that Autumn is a season too, and I that I shouldn't ostracise it. Autumn has its beauties to be enjoyed.
We have some Finnish friends staying with us at the moment. I'll have to post a photo of them in another post, when I take one. Mika, who we have seen a number of times before (twice in Russia, twice in Finland) is here with his fiancee Outi. It's really nice that they took the time to make a special trip to come and visit us. We are beginning to develop friendships here, but we don't have a lot of them, so a visit is a source of encouragement to us.

This butterfly shot is on the iphone, so not as crisp as a real camera shot.
There's wild raspeberries in the forest. I'm beginning to realise that nearly everything we eat has a wild primitive counterpart.
I've never seen this flower before in any of our wanderings. It was also the only one standing yesterday. My favourite flowers, the orange "flame flowers" that come in early June, were apparently nearly extinct at one point. Perhaps this flower is making a recovery too?

Also a rare flower.

2 comments:

Sue-Ann said...

The yellow ones look a little like the English cowslip.

If it's any consolation, the weather here in manchester has also been cool and wet. Still, it's not autumn until 1 September, and summer is an attitude, not necessarily a season....

Baba said...

Beautifull photos of butterfly and flowers.It must be a relief to have milder weather after a hot summer.