"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Novelty for the Aussies



Hoar`frost- (noun)
A grayish white crystalline deposit of frozen water vapour formed in clear still weather on vegetation.
(In Russian: Иней. in-yay)

On Friday night we had a good fog, and it left a spectacular hoarfrost over all the trees. The next day the sun reflected off the hoarfrost to create a thousand spectacular shining lights all over the trees. Unfortunately my camera is just not capable of capturing such an image.

This may not be highly blog worthy for the average Canadian, but I thought I would humour my minority Australian readership.

(Footnote: Of the last 500 to visit the Sleeping land 65% have been Canadian and 15% Australian. Go figure?)

6 comments:

ozziewilf said...

Well, here is one of your most frequent Aussie visitors. Keep up the good work of informing us down-under.

Janice said...

Hoar frost is beautiful. That would have been a fairy tale walk. Glad you took time to enjoy.

Actually I find it facinating how many similarities there are. Some of your early dachau pictures could have been colour pictures of my Grandma Seabrooks garden. Like I went back in time 40 years.

I havent figured out Kraznoyarsk yet though with the trees and the hills. Is it rocky like the shield, or mountainous or what?

Anonymous said...

the tree are very large and spasely placed so that a person can walk through them how really lovely in winter . The wind could not get to you and there is so much beauty. It reminds me of an area on our farm in Hudson bay so that took me back 65 years to see the path through your woods.and Abigail pulling her sled.

Pasha said...

Ahhh, but I didn't take this on a walk did I? Can you guess where I took it from?

Sorry, but "rocky like the shield" is not a concept that exist in Russia. That is a geological feature common in Canada and also Finland.

Krasnoyarsk is surrounded by hills, it lies in a valley but not a deep one. I wouldn't call it mountainous.

Pasha said...

Oops, I said the concept doesn't exist in Russia. Wrong. It doesn't exist in Siberia. But the geological features of Finland over lap with western Russia.

Lisette said...

here's another aussie too :-)