"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Winter is here already

The snow fell for the first time this year. Apparently it is not early, but it feels early for me. Normally in Saskatchewan it would still be a couple of weeks away. The next week is forecast to be cold with an average high of +3.5 C and an average low of -3.2 C. I'm not sure if it will warm up again or continue to get colder. I'm just not ready for winter yet. I don't even really care how cold it gets. It's just the idea of 6 months of winter that wipes the smile off my face.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Cold Lake! I don't want to make you feel bad, but I am still picking strawberries from my garden. I don't blame you for not being ready for winter yet. Hopefully you'll have a few more weeks of bare ground. Glad to hear all is well.

Martin said...

Ha! Many parts of Sask (although not Borden) had first snow on Sept. 13. In fact, this kept some people away from our annual Fall BBQ.

Pasha said...

Yes, well we were lucky to dodge any September snow. But the snow is hanging around today, and it is even snowing more today. I am an Aussie after all... pining for the beach. But I still love being here in other ways. The weather always takes adjusting to.

Janice said...

I dont think many of us get to this time of the year and wish for snow and all that intails except maybe Matt and those who can hardly wait for their favorite snow sport. I usually think about all those global warming reports and cant seem to remember why that might not be a good idea!

Pasha said...

We had our Indian Summer in September, which lasted for a week. The forecast maximum for the next week is an average of +2 and a low of an average -3. Winter is ready to set in. Even Saskatchewan sounds sunny right now.