Evenki people have a different way of chopping wood. I'm not sure it would work so well on hard Australian wood, but it sure works well with birch and pine. They throw the axe at a 45 degree angle to the log instead of 90 degrees. It seems to split the thread of the wood so much better. Russians don't use this method. The Evenki method seems to work so much better.
I have known about the axe chopping for some time, but I never knew about this cool little trick that Sergei showed me when we went to visit him at the dacha at the end of August. Using a knife he shaved strips of paper thin wood, with cutting them off. I had a go and it wasn't easy. It worked a trick for starting the fire.
I have known about the axe chopping for some time, but I never knew about this cool little trick that Sergei showed me when we went to visit him at the dacha at the end of August. Using a knife he shaved strips of paper thin wood, with cutting them off. I had a go and it wasn't easy. It worked a trick for starting the fire.
Shashlik was followed by the story of Paul the Apostle and some teaching from Corinthians.

No comments:
Post a Comment