I met some people yesterday, who were sadly very negative about their lives for the last 20 years. They have been living in Mongolia. In the region they were living they did not see the results they would have liked to. I don't know their whole story, but I couldn't help but thinking there was something wrong with it. They were just negative about every single thing they said. When I tried to talk about the book "There's a sheep in my bathtub" which tells wonderful stories from Mongolia, they were skeptical. Yet they have never been to the location where the book is set, nor have they read the book.
At one point in the conversation they said, "There's not really anything good happening anywhere in the world is there?" I didn't argue with them strongly, because they were very head strong in their opinions, but I was saddened by this perspective that they carried with them.
When ever things are slow here, I always choose to rejoice in the many good stories that I hear from around the world. The Lord is on the move! These words are also an apt adage to remember: "Don't ask God to bless what you are doing. Get involved with what God is blessing!" (Wolfgang Simson.)
Watch this video about the Nenets people and I hope you are encouraged too.
3 comments:
Great news to hear.Very interesting how relationships are built.
I couldn't watch the video, it said it's not available. Could it be watched somewhere else?
Suvi
I don't know. Try going to CBN.com and searching there.
Post a Comment