"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Holiday recap

Lots of things that I had been thinking I would blog about at the time have slipped out of my mind now. I'll try to fill in some of the gaps, but there are bound to be things I will forget. My In One Ear blog has also gone deathly quiet, despite the fact that many days I have all sorts of ideas I would like to share with the world. Our recent holiday was greatly needed. There has been much to exhaust us. I have no doubt that the last six months have been very full on, with preparing for the Kellog trip, taking the actual trip, coming straight back to a conference, packing up our house, moving across the world to Canada, facing some undue stresses there, then moving again across the world to Australia. Someone shared with me how they noticed they were exhausted after six weeks in a strange culture. I have no quantifiers, but I do guess that a fair portion of exhaustion comes from simply living in Russia. Without making that mountain sound too big, I think our account is now somewhere in the positive.

Before our holiday my Mum did come and stay with us for a couple days. So perhaps I can show off a bit more of Australia for my Canadian readers. For you Aussies, try not to get too proud, there is a beautiful world beyond our shores too, all made by our powerful and loving God.

Before holiday photos....

Our car, a 2004 Hyundai Getz, 1.5 L engine. Petrol (gas) now costs about $1.20 AUD a litre.


The coast off the south of the Mornington Peninsula, where we live at the moment.


Close up of the same coast.


And here are we...


Тhe roads are rarely straight in Australia.


Cape Schank, the southerly most tip of the Mornington Peninsula.


Oceanside flowers. (No idea what they are called.)


Abigail is happy to be in Australia.


The road to our house. (For the time being).


With Baba (Grandma).

1 comment:

Sharnelle said...

hey, glad to hear from you again, its been a while, anyway that plant you didnt know what its called is pigs face, i did a huge study on it for biol last year lol. anyway got a heap of news this week about my exchange and kinda stressing with that getting closer than ever and the end of school (i finsih up on the 21st)
anyway. hope to speak to you soon
Lots of love
God bless
Sharnelle