"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Look up this article

This blog is usually my comments about life in Russia and observations and interpretations of Russian culture. Today I stumbled upon an article that is very intelligent and worth reading, especially in light of the paranoia that many people have in the world today. I won't comment, I'll just let you read.

Prof. Kotkin is a professor of history and the director of Russian and Eurasian Studies program at Princeton University. This article is based on a talk Prof. Kotkin gave on February, 15, 2007, in Philadelphia, cosponsored by FPRI and the Mid-Atlantic - Russia Business Council.

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Martin said...

Very interesting article. Economists generally assume that people act (or don't) out of "enlightened self-interest." The trouble with that idea is that I believe that people don't always know what's in their best interest or how to achieve it, so they end up simply defending the status quo.