"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Friday, March 16, 2007

A job for Homer "Mr Plow" Simpson



Snow outside the garage in Borden, Canada.

I have a job for Homer Simpson aka Mr Plow. It's time to remove some serious snow. When I lived in Canada I found it quite novel to shovel snow away from the drive way and foot paths. It was hard work at times but a good excuse to do something physical in the middle of winter.

When I lived in Canada people would tell me of winters when there was much more snow; i.e the snow I saw was a little substandard. This year family have sent pitures of their snow falls. One morning they opened their door to this much snow:



Here in Russia, we live on the second floor and never have that problem. There are always busy bees (city employees) shovelling the snow by hand from the drive way out side our building. The other day we went to visit some people living in an area of the city that has houses. (Most people in Russian cities live in high rise apartment buildings). They have had to do some serious shovelling this winter including removing snow from their roof. There has just been so much of it.



Imagine your street in Canada looking like this next picture. I'm not saying that a lot of snow has not fallen in Canada this year, just that I think snow removal there is far more efficient.

1 comment:

shinbone #4 said...

you would think that our snow removal is much more efficient, but not in Cold Lake - on our street the snow was removed once (before christmas) after that we had to navigate over mountains of snow for months... lots of car repair later, I think it's safe to say that we had a difficult yeat, snow wise...