
Well Summer is nearing an end. Normally August is supposed to be warm, but we have been having some cooler weather. The weekend turned about to be warm, about 25, so we made it to the beach. June was very hot with three weeks over 30, but we didn't know where the beach was then.
On previous occasions in the northern hemisphere in Canada and Siberia I have escaped with very little or no sunburn, not like in Australia. On Saturday this rule was changed. Admittedly I used no sunblock, but then as the sun is weaker I thought I was safe. Only my shoulders and back burnt, but quite badly. I have lots of little blisters and am sitting at home healing. I feel quite silly, but now I know that even the Siberian sun can burn. In a macabre kind of way, at least I will be able to look back and say yes I had Summer.
The beach here is located at a part of the river that is a dam from the hydroelectic plant. The water was warm enough to swim in, The sand beach is bigger than normal because it is man made. Still it is nice to have such an opportunity. The beach is called the Ob Sea, and is a 10 minute walk from Akademgorodok, which I have mentioned earlier. (Seems like a nice place to live in next year).
No comments:
Post a Comment