The time has finally come. I am excited to be sure. On Sunday Melody and I heard a good sermon on worrying at Elim Tabernacle in Saskatoon. I was actually quite encouraged by it and have realised that some of the things I have been spending my energy on have been quite fruitless.
On May 13th Melody (my wife), Abigail (our 10 month old daughter) and I depart Canada for a new life in Siberia. We will arrive in Siberia on May 17th. Our first task will be to brush up on our Russian. The second task will be to become proficient at Russian. I hope those classes back at Monash University pay off!
We will drink plenty of chai and eat plenty of pelmeni, ride the metro make new friends and enjoy (hopefully) a blistering hot Siberian Summer. I am taking bets on the number of days over 30 degrees. Anyone fancy a wager? I'll be paying out in "konfeti" and they might melt by the time they reach you in the mail.
Hope to hear from you.
4 comments:
Well I am betting on 15 days of 30+. Hopefully there will be another 30 days of 20+. If there is I won't complain. Start counting.
I'll bid on 5 days above 30. Good luck :-)
Daddy I don't know what 30 is?
There were 67 days about 20 from May to September. But only 4 of these were about 30. However 33 of the 67 were above 25, so all in all it was a good first summer in Siberia all those years ago!
Post a Comment