Sergei stays the night sometimes. One occasion recently he reminisced about various occasions as a child when he tried fruits for this first time. He had a good laugh, as did we when he shared these stories.
In Sergei's words:
The first time I tried a banana I thought it looked like soap. I took some soap in one hand and banana in the other and tried them both to see if they were the same. 15 yo.
I squished it and it all came out the top like tooth paste. That was quite interesting!
The first time I tried an orange I thought it was an apple. I bit into it. I thought the apple had gone off. 9yo.
The first time I tried an apple it was the most delicious thing. I took an apple with me around the village all day, and took little bites. I was showing off this delicious thing. My friends would ask for a bite, I would tell them no and only let them lick it. The whole day all my friends took a lick and none of them were allowed to bite it.
The first time I touched a kiwi it scared me, I thought it was some kind of strange egg. It was like spiky wool.
The first time I tried a lemon I already knew what an orange was. I thought it was another orange. It was awful!
When I was a boy. I would ask my grandma, "what's for breakfast?" She would answer "Fish." "Awe, fish, I would complain."
Then I would ask, what's for lunch? She would answer, "meat". I would then say, "hooray meat." Then at dinner, I would ask what we were having, and she would say "fish". "Oh not fish again. Grandma when will we have something new?" She would answer, ok we have some noodles. That was exciting for a while, then it got boring again. Grandma what about something new. Ok she would say, meat and noodles!
When ever I had a lolly, I would eat just a little nibble and then hide it again under my pillow to have a nibble later on.
No comments:
Post a Comment