If it wasn't enough to have one Aussie family arrive recently, my sister and her family are here too. It's gonna be trippy having immediate family around after living in Russia for six years without any. I remember back in 2006 when Dan (Melody's brother) visited. I had a dream of contentment having family around, that I could live here for 20 years. That was saying something back then, because they first year had heaps of challenges. I wonder what having immediate family close by will do for stability.
Lisette and Nickolai and kids are living in the next building! This should hopefully make for some good board game evenings. Lisette will have a busy year of studying Russian at the Uni. The kids have Russian to learn too. It will be a huge challenge for them all getting settled in. We are so happy to have them here!
The day they arrived I took Lisette, Sasha and Kaleb for a walk through the forest to the Uni. They now walk there four days a week. (I miss my walks to the Uni.)
Meeting with the International Language Department director and one of the teachers.
No comments:
Post a Comment