"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Monday, October 01, 2012

The Ice Kingdom

On Monday, Fred, Arya and I went to Irena's place for lunch. I had asked her to tell some Sakha stories, which I recorded. Irena then surprised us by telling us that her church had decided to gift us all a tour to the permafrost underground Ice Kingdom.
In summer it is -7 degrees underground. In winter, about -15. Coming inside from -40 to -15 would feel quite warm.
Some of the sculptures were quite impressive. Some of them were a little demonic and disturbing. I was really starting to get an impression of the spiritual landscape.



Irena.

Fred, me, Irena and Arya.


Some angels. (I decided not to photograph the demons.)

The office.

Lover's lane.

The story of the creation of the reindeer.

An Eveny man.



Check out the size of this diamond.

No comments: