On the way back from Yakutia and Tynda, Fred and I took the train to Severobaikalsk. We got off there for a couple days. Our main goal was to visit the Evenki village of (K)holodnaya.
I met someone by the name of Maksim on the train on the way east. It turns out he is a believer from Severobaikalsk. He was very hospitable to us, hosting us for a couple of meals and then finding us an apartment to stay in. (His place is VERY small.)
Here's some more photos of Severobaikalsk for you. A little better than the last time I was there (which was a 30 min walk around town while the train was at the station, just passing through). Here's a report from last time.
I met someone by the name of Maksim on the train on the way east. It turns out he is a believer from Severobaikalsk. He was very hospitable to us, hosting us for a couple of meals and then finding us an apartment to stay in. (His place is VERY small.)
Here's some more photos of Severobaikalsk for you. A little better than the last time I was there (which was a 30 min walk around town while the train was at the station, just passing through). Here's a report from last time.
The road between Severobaikalsk (city of 20,000) and Nizhneangarsk (town of 5,500, the administrative centre of the region). The drive is just 15 minutes.
The port of Severobaikalsk (admittedly the only boats arriving here are from Irkutsk at the other end of Lake Baikal- there is a speed catamaran in the summer time).
Lake Baikal at Nizhneangarsk.
Lake Baikal.
Fred and Maksim.
Severobaikalsk.
The downtown shopping centre in Severobaikalsk.
Downtown Severobaikalsk.
Marketplace.
Statue at the train station.
The train station.


No comments:
Post a Comment