Summer is in full swing here in Krasnoyarsk. We have had a couple weeks of warm weather now. Many day have reached above thirty this week. Today was 34 or 35. The funny thing is, it doesn't feel so hot here. The humidity on hot days is only 25-30%. That's pretty dry. A Melbourne Summers day is easily above 70%. We like to think in Melbourne that we have a "dry heat", compared to Queensland that may be true, but not compared to Siberia. :) I prefer a dry heat. It was still quite warm today. The other great thing is that the Siberian sun is not so harsh, I don't sunburn here like I do in Australia. It's great.
Here's a few more shots of flowers around Akademgorodok. The orange fire flowers or "ogonki" are out not. They are definitely my favourite.
This has been a good week. I have had plenty of exercise: 3 times at the pool for 1750m each time, plus a 20 minute walk up the hill to classes at Uni.
It's been good getting back into my Russian classes. I can feel y language improving already. I currently have two teachers- one is nice and one is quite strict. Perhaps there is a little bit of good cop, bad cop tactics going on. My exam results were quite good, I scored in the 90s in three areas. It appears my speech and writing are a little rusty though. At least I understand most of what is going on. The funny thing is that these days I expect to understand everything that is said to me, but I don't. I still have a long way to go. Russian is a difficult language to learn.





No comments:
Post a Comment