"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Facebook killed my blog.


Spring time is here. Life is new. God has been doing some great things in my life in recent times. I went to a prayer retreat tucked away in a sleepy spot of Tasmania with a friend. God did some things in my life there. I'm enjoying some of the changes and looking forward to many more good ones.
I could have done homework today (only six weeks to the end of the course). And believe it or not, I am a sucker for punishment, I have applied to study a Master of Applied Linguistics by distance through Monash starting next year. I hope to do one subject a semester for the next three years, to keep my head in the linguistics zone, while doing the fieldwork in practice.

Today was too sunny and nice to do homework. "Let's have a bbq picnic" I said to Melody. I rang around some of the students here and we ended up with four takers. One couple suggested a bush walk. Why not? My neck is still getting better from some sore muscles this week (hence missing cricket this weekend). A bush walk sounded like a great substitute for running myself silly in the whites.
We headed up to the location of my second most recent posting- King Lake. The Kanga Bangas were delish for lunch, and then we hit the track while Melody did some homework at a King Lake coffee shop. While I was walking and talking with my friends, it hit me as to why there has been so little on my blogs this year. Facebook killed my blog! People don't want to read blogs, and I am always caught up with banal status updates. I hope to resurrect it. You can help if you like.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still read blogs, this is what google reader is good for. Blogs are better than facebook for knowing what is actually going on in people's lives.
The only problem is that facebook always tells you if someone comments after you - not all blogs do that.

Nathan Wilson said...

Glad tazzie went well.
Blogs are occasional tastings - I followed the link today in Siberian Light for example.

Sue-Ann said...

I still read blogs too!