"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Photo album February 09

A few photos with little explanation.....

Barry McGuire, still kicking on at 73, gave us a trip through the 60s with his mate from The Byrds. Barry loves Jesus a lot. He was lots of fun to watch and to listen to all of his stories. It made me strangely nostalgic for a time that I never lived through. It reminded me of the Sandi Thom lyrics:


Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair
In 77 and 69 revolution was in the air
I was born too late into a world that doesn't care
Oh I wish I was a punk rocker with flowers in my hair





This week we had no classes, so our little family escaped potential bush fires to the relative tranquility of Phillip Island. We stayed at a friends holiday house (thank you! you know who you are). We did see penguins, but no photos here, cos cameras are banned there.... As John Williamson says "now it's all commercialised".


Here's looking at you baby.


Who ever saw a blue crested kookaburra before? Not me. This bird comes from northern Queensland.


The seal pups played and jumped a lot, but it was really hard to get a shot of one jumping. My camera is getting old now, and the battery runs low too quickly, which makes it hard to stay in stand by mode for a quick snap.


There were about 5000 seals at seal rocks the day we went. But the numbers can easily get up to 20 000. It was purely fascinating to see something so natural and wild that you usually only ever see on a documentary.



See you soon. Semester one starts this week.

No comments: