"But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance."- St. Peter. "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come." - Jesus.

Saturday, October 04, 2008

Simply stunning, if you can see it

I used to find plane travel an adventure. In fact I used to find the whole travel experience an adventure. But now, quite frankly I find it quite tiresome and even loathsome at times. We had a 10.5 hour flight from Vancouver to Seoul. Then in Seoul we got off the plane and circled around through security (which was really stupid because we did security before getting on to the plane in Vancouver) and then sat down for 15 minutes and then got back on the plane again. It's moments like that when I realise how far away Australia really is from the rest of the world. Our next flight to Singapore was 6.5 hours.

But there was one highlight from the flight worth mentioning. The flight from Vancouver went north over Alaska then south over Siberia to Seoul. When we passed over Alaska I opened the window by chance to witness one of the most spectacular views I have ever seen. The view was of Mt McKinley and the mountain ranges around it. A photo rarely does justice to the real thing, much less a photo from an airplane window, but I still wanted to share this with you, so you can perhaps imagine it. The mountain was so huge, that it looked as high as the plane. I could see so much of the mountain range that I realised it was a view only possible from a plane. These pictures may see meagre, but it was one of the most spectacular things I have ever seen, made by the hands of my God. Wow.


No comments: